Thursday 25 April 2013

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Here is a book review by my lovely friend Brooke on "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour" by Morgan Matson. 

Click on this link for the original review and so many more! http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7664334-amy-and-roger-s-epic-detour



Love. Love. Lovelovelove.

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was one of those books I started and had crazy high expectations for. I was not disappointed. 

There's nothing better than a love story that leaves you feeling as though you could quite comfortably lie there in your bed and hug the book and feel complete. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face when I finished reading. I wanted more!

Both Amy and Roger were characters that had so many layers, and it was truly my pleasure to read page after page and see each one reveal itself. They were both scarred, deeply at that, and the way they helped each other move on and up in life made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My head was screaming 'Kiss! Kiss!' so often throughout the book, and I got all giggly whenever they got close (I know, I'm sounding like a schoolgirl here, but hey. Cut a girl some slack!). The way they bantered as they became more and more comfortable around each other was adorable. 

I loved the way Morgan Matson wrote the playlists into the story - it was really awesome to get a feel for the music and mood throughout the roadtrip. And the photo's and comments and sidenotes. Just, everything.

All I know is right now I have a hankering to go on a Roadtrip. 

Care to join me, anyone? 

Oh, and if you know any "Roger"'s, please don't hesitate to invite him, too. I am single, after all ;o)

By Brooke 


No comments:

Post a Comment